Are you a current UW undergrad or CSE B.S./M.S. student interested in working with me? Read this Allen School page on Undergraduate Research and then email me about why you’re interested in working on CS Education research with me.
Are you a current or prospective Ph.D student interested in working with me? I do not formally advise Ph.D students, but we have a vibrant group of CS Education researchers in the ComputingEd@UW community who would love to get in touch with you.
- It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time (Hindsight is 2020): You’re Spamming the Autograder
- Perspectives on Allyship in Academia
- A Berkeley View of Teaching CS at Scale
- How Help Can Hurt: Understanding Defensive Climate in the Undergraduate CS Classroom
UC Berkeley Teaching Effectiveness Award
- Subgoals, Problem-Solving Phases, and Sources of Knowledge: A Complex Mangle
- A Connector Course for Pre-Service CS Teacher Development
Non-Refereed and Unpublished
Machine learning, optimization, and natural language processing for Computer Science Education.